Welcome!

This is my new blog. In it, I will share various things which interest me. And there are a lot. I hope you enjoy it.

First off, I'd like to share a bit about a book that I put out a couple of years ago. It is called, Ruminating on the Psalms, Volume 1. As the name suggests this is the first of the series. The next volume is forthcoming. Here is a bit about Volume 1.

The Book of Psalms is one of the most beloved of the Old Testament canon. Yet many of the psalms are often taken for granted. In Ruminating on the Psalms, I try to look at the songs with new eyes. Beginning with the Authorized King James Version, I explore the people and events of the psalms as well as key words and phrases in an attempt to reveal the true meaning of each song. Begun as a series of personal Bible study devotions, I explore the significance of each psalm and then closes each study with a brief prayer, asking God to apply the lessons that have been learned. Ruminating on the Psalms, Volume 1 explores Psalm 1 through Psalm 30.

As I noted, this is the first of five volumes on the Book of Psalms as presented in the Old Testament of the Bible. Each volume contains thirty psalms entries. Each psalm entry is not intended to be an exhaustive analysis of a psalm. Rather, it is an attempt to peal away some of its layers in order to better understand the psalm and its purpose. Each entry begins will the full test of the psalm. This is followed by study notes and then closes with a short prayer, asking God to apply the lessons of the psalm. As I also noted, the psalm text provided in this volume comes from the Authorized King James Version of the Bible, first published in 1611 and now available in the public domain. Words from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic languages are periodically included in the notes. These are presented in their English transliteration and styled in italic font.

That's all for this installment. More will be coming soon.

-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Flag Day, USA!

Lulu Discount Through June 15

Happy 236th Birthday, U.S.A.!